Getting connected

Whether you are building a house, block of flats or a complete housing development, it is likely that you will need a new water supply connection.

It is also worth considering a replacement supply connection, even if you are just renovating an old house.  If you are replacing a lead supply pipe, we will usually replace the section from our main to the property boundary free of charge. Please download our Lead Factsheet for more details.

Our Developer Services Team can arrange for a site survey and a quotation for work required.  

We also have an online calculator tool to assist you with obtaining indicative costs for work – details can be found here

From April 2019 to March 2020 charges will change based on our annual review and the charges information can be found here.

We fully understand that this can be a complicated area.  Therefore we of course can tailor your specific requirements with our specialist in-house design team to guide you through your new connection.   

For new a new housing or commercial development requiring a water main extended into the site for connections to be made, we can provide a full quotation, design and delivery service, but you do have a number of choices for how you pay or arrange for the work to be carried out.  You can choose to appoint your own accredited contractor known as a Self Lay Provider (SLP) to work with you to install the pipework.  For further information see our charges information and we also have a list of approved SLP’s working in our area that can be found here.

To make an application simply complete our application form.  Alternatively you can download the application form and email it to our team at or even send it by post.  Upon receipt of of the application form and quotation fee, we aim to  provide a quote for all supply applications within 10 working days.

Payments can be made by phoning our Network Services Team on 01737 772000 and selecting option 4. You can also send us a cheque made payable to SES Water.

Before you start work, we recommend you read the guidance in our How to Lay a New Supply Pipe Factsheet, and our Metering Policy for new developments.

All supporting documentation should be sent to once the new water supply connection form has been submitted.