Community and Environment
- Schools' Educational Programme
- Tour of Bough Beech Reservoir and Treatment Works
- Water Treatment Talk
- Saving Water Assembly
- Saving Water Workshop
- Water Detectives
- Water for Health Talk
- Living without safe water
- Teacher Resource Pack
- The Water Cycle
- The Water Supply Challenge
- Charities we support
- Our environment
- Our water resources
- Water for health
- Beating bogus callers
Tour of Bough Beech Reservoir and Treatment Works
Duration: one day
"A great day out!"
Our purpose-built Education Centre at Bough Beech Reservoir and Treatment Works celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2009. Thousands of children have visited the Centre and we know from all the letters we receive how much they enjoy their day with us.
This tour really brings the 'Water Treatment' topic to life. Our team of enthusiastic tutors will explain and demonstrate precisely how water is cleaned and distributed on a massive scale. The tour naturally follows on from our Water Treatment Talk but it can also stand alone.
A typical day includes:
- Exclusive use of our dedicated Education Centre and its facilities
- Climbing the dam and seeing the huge reservoir
- Walking through the tunnel under the reservoir
- Touring the treatment works and seeing all the water cleaning processes
- Hands-on models, displays and interactive displays
- A drink and biscuit
- Eating lunch in our picnic area if the weather is fine
- Completing a quiz at the end of the tour to help remind your pupils what they’ve seen
- Fully trained, experienced, CRB checked tutors
- Teacher Resource Pack – packed full of ideas for school based follow-up activities
- A goody bag for the class
Each child takes home a pencil, a beaker, a follow-up worksheet and our Splash! comic. We also give each school a Dripping Tap poster and a copy of our Teachers Resource Pack, which is packed full of engaging classroom projects.
Here's a three minute introductory video about the tour:
For help with planning your school trip, arranging a risk assessment visit, or for more information, please e-mail our Education Coordinator, Jo Hedges. You can also call her on 07824 635581, or complete our Education Request Form.
Our Educational Programme has been awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge from the Department of Education