Community & Environment
If in doubt, keep them out!
Sadly, more than half the ‘bogus caller’ crimes in the UK are committed by criminals pretending to be from a water company, or from the “water board” - which hasn’t existed for more than 30 years! So it’s important to know what you can do to check that callers are genuine before you let them in.
Watch our ‘Beating Bogus Callers’ video below.
- Make sure your back door is always locked before going to the front door
- If you have a door chain, put it on before you open the door
- Check to see who is at the door by looking through a window or spy hole
- Our staff always wear a uniform and drive a company van with the name printed on the sides and at the back
- Staff always carry an identity card with their photograph, name, logo and number
- Our staff will always be happy to wait for you to check who they are.
- You can set up a password by clicking here, or calling our Customer Services Team on 01737 772000
- If you are still not sure, telephone the police – it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Helping Hand Scheme
Our Helping Hand Scheme offers many useful services to support our customers. You can now sign up online!