Your bill and account

In this section you will find all you need to know about your account and your bill.  It includes details of our charges, and all the ways that you can make a payment to us.

You can receive your bill on line if you would prefer, and you can also make payments from this website.

Just click on the relevant sections on the left to find out how.

Sharing our information

We may exchange relevant information with your wastewater service supply company and your local authority in order that our and their records are as up to date as possible.

There are two services which are paid for in water charges. The first is for the provision of clean water and the second is for the removal of wastewater. We don't physically provide the second service. Depending on where your business is, this is provided by Thames Water (whose charges we include in your bill), or Southern Water (who bill you direct).

From 1 April 2017 all businesses, public sector, charitable and not-for-profit organisations in England will be able to choose their water supplier. We have decided to exit the retail market meaning we will no longer bill you for the water service provided. You will be transferred to our associate retailer, SES Business Water. You will have received information from us explaining this change.

The charges that will apply to customers that are transferred to SES Business Water remain regulated. The charges that will apply from 1 April 2017 are explained in our Business Water Charges Scheme 2017-18.

Our charges for the current year are available in our Business Water Charges Scheme 2016-17.

Wholesale charges

 Wholesale charges are set by us and paid by retailers for the abstraction, treatment and transportation of your water from source to tap. Your retailer, the company that send you a bill, will pay us for this Wholesale service. The charges your retailer will pay from 1 April 2017 are described in our Wholesale Charges Scheme for 2017-18 and provided in the standard industry template here. The Company’s Board has confirmed its approval of these charges in its Assurance Statement.

These charges supersede the Indicative Wholesale Charges  for Businesses  that we published in September.

A description of wholesale charges for the current year are available in our Wholesale Water Charges Scheme 2016-17.

The buttons below provide all the information you need to find out the best and easiest way for you to pay your water charges, whether making use of our fast and efficient on line payments portal, paying by phone or paying through your bank.

You're just two clicks away from our new online billing service:

*Our online billing competition to win an ipad has now ended. Lucky winners will receive their prizes shortly*

-A replica of your paper bill, but online!
-Online payment made easy.
-Instant access to your billing history.
-Link multiple properties on one account.
-Access anytime from mobile, tablet and desktop computer.

So don't miss out, just add water and go paperless today!


This is the first version of our new online billing service and we’re already working on some new developments which will be coming soon!  We’ll notify those registered for online billing of updates to the service as soon as they become available.

If you are having any problems with this service please E-mail:

If any of the information we hold about your company changes, for example your company name or address, then don't worry. You can always use our website to inform us of any changes.

To use our online forms, we will need your account number. You can find your account number on your Sutton and East Surrey Water bill.

Change the company name on your account

If your business has recently changed its name, you can inform us of this using our "About your account" form. Simply just fill out the form to let us know.

Change your supply address

If you have recently moved premises, you can let us know using one of our "Moving premises" forms. Whether you're moving into our supply area, moving within our supply area, or out of our supply area, you can tell us quickly and easily online.

Change your company's billing address

If we send your bill to a different property to the one being supplied (for example, your company's head office) you can let us know if this address changes online too. You can inform us of this using our "About your account" form. Just tell us in your message that your billing address has changed, and what it has changed from and to.

Change your payment method

You may wish to change your payment method. Sutton and East Surrey Water offer a range of methods to allow you to pay your bill. For more information, see our "Paying your Bill" section.

We only supply your water. We are not responsible for sewerage services. Depending on where you live, your sewerage service will be provided by either Thames Water or Southern Water.


Thames Water

We collect Thames Water's sewerage charges as part of our customer billing process. Sewerage charges will be included on your bill from us.

  • For sewerage problems in Thames Water's area, contact the 24-hour Customer Centre on 0845 920 0800. Click here to visit their website.

Southern Water

We do not collect Southern Water's sewerage charges. You will receive a separate bill for sewerage charges from Southern Water.

  • For sewerage problems in Southern Water's area, contact the 24-hour Customer Centre on 0845 278 0845. Click here to visit their website.

If your sewerage service is provided by Thames Water, there may be certain circumstances where you can make a claim for a rebate on your sewerage charges.

The tabbed sections below outline these circumstances and how you can make a claim.

Like all UK licensed water companies, SES Water has statutory powers and responsibility in relation to the installation, maintenance, repair or replacement of our water supply equipment. 

Where such work leads to unavoidable disruption to the usual operation of other businesses, and in particular where there is a detrimental impact on their expected profitability, the Company also has a statutory obligation to pay compensation for any loss of profits experienced. 

If a business considers it may have suffered loss of business arising from the work carried out by us then we have a Business Loss of Profit Claims Policy and process in place to determine whether compensation might be due. In support of this Policy, we have also published accompanying Guidelines for making loss of profit claim, Claim Form and Frequently Asked Questions.

If you would like further information, or you are concerned about any proposed or current works in the vicinity of your business, please contact our Customer Services team on 01737 772000.